Harith, a leading pan-African infrastructure investor and developer, seeks to employ an Analyst to provide investment analysis and research to support critical business decisions. The Analyst will be a shared resource between Fund Raising and Liabilities Management and Investment functions with a direct reporting line to the MD: Fund Raising and Liabilities Management.
Qualifications and Experience
- A CA / CFA / Master’s Degree in Finance or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in private equity investment evaluations (preferably infrastructure-related) and/or fundraising activities.
- Experience in concluding investment transactions.
- Experience in building & maintaining financial models.
- Experience in performing DCF and other Valuations on Portfolio Companies.
- Support in the effective management of investment portfolios
- Conduct investigation of potential investment opportunities aligned to the vision and business strategy of the business.
- Support in the company’s fundraising activities, including creating marketing information, building/population of financial models and managing information flow with external stakeholders.
- Responsible for managing and updating virtual data rooms for each investment or fundraising project and generating reports of external usage of the data rooms.
- Perform financial/commercial due diligence and analysis on prospective projects and recommend an investment decision.
- Create/review and maintain financial models that accurately calculate the return on investment of projects and cash flow projections.
- Prepare investment & marketing documents for presentation to potential and current investors on specific investments – investment committee approvals, information memoranda and prospectus.
- Analysis of the company’s financial statements and financial projections and provide input into the investment decisions.
- Undertake research & provide updates on financial markets, latest developments & trends in key infrastructure sectors etc., in the local, regional and global markets.
- Participate in negotiations and the conclusion of legal agreements related to new investments.
- Support in formulating strategies for each investment.
- Support with the sale/exit of investments at the appropriate time.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in financial briefings provided by the Investment Managers internally and externally.
- Liaise with fund managers, pension funds, commercial banks, development finance institutions, legal and technical advisors, and regulators with a view to expanding funding access while improving market perception.
- Adhering to governance compliance, risk and reporting policies and procedures.
- Support in compiling relevant Impact and ESG reports and completing various ESG and other industry-related surveys
- Ensure that all investment compliance regulations are met and reported adequately against guidelines (e.g., UNPRI, SDGs, etc.).
- Undertake any other responsibilities relating to this role.
|Legal Due Diligence||Basic|
|Financial Due Diligence||Advanced|
|Financial Modelling & Valuations||Advanced|
|Investment Governance & Compliance||Intermediate|
|Investment Research & Analysis||Advanced|
Interested individuals can forward their CVs to email@example.com. Correspondence will only be made with shortlisted candidates.